Toner Pirates Are A Plague
Within The Copier & Printer Supply Industry!!
Don't let toner and supply pirates con you and your business out of time and money!
Have you ever gotten one of those annoying phone calls, at just the wrong time, from someone offering you incredible deals on toner, paper, and other supplies? Do they offer you a "one time deal" or quote you a price that seems too good to be true? Have you ever felt pressure to make a decision over the phone "immediately" because "there is a limited stock on hand" and "they have lots of other people interested"? If any of these things sound familiar, you have probably dealt with a "TONER PIRATE"!
These con artists or supply pirates as they are called, quote you prices that seem too good to be true because they usually are.
Toner Pirates are evil, tricky people! Typically, these "pariah" of the industry, try to trick companies into giving out information about their copiers or printers. They mislead you into thinking you are dealing with your local copier company, or they make several calls into the business, gathering bits of information each time. Typically they will deal with employees not used to ordering supplies, or not familiar with the office machines.
TRAIN YOUR STAFF!!! Train your employees or volunteers, especially new ones, as well as anyone who may answer the telephone or who provide maintenance or support services. Teach them that IF they are not familiar with certain callers, advise them to say something like, "I'm sorry. I am not authorized to order anything. You will have to speak to the person in charge of ordering supplies and get a purchase order."
If you are a current METRO COPIER SERVICE, INC. customer with a SERVICE and SUPPLY contract, we don't call you! We wait for you to call us at 303-307-1494, when you put your last toner bottle into the machine. If you have a "toner included" contract with us and you use some of this "non-approved" toner, it can result in your contract being waived!
If you are not a customer with a contract, the same thing applies!
**SHIPPING NOTE: If you call before 3:00 pm, we will process and ship your order that day and you should have it the next business day with your UPS Shipment. Any orders placed after 3:00 p.m. will be shipped the next day and you will receive it within two business days via UPS.
Metro Copier Service, Inc., may, on occasion, call for meter readings or to update our files. IF WE CALL YOU, MAKE SURE WE GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION ON YOUR MACHINE, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
HOW TO RECOGNIZE PIRATES? HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO LOOK AND LISTEN FOR:
* Most of the time they employ high pressure sales tactics;
* They do not offer a way to call them back;
* They cannot provide financing;
* Many times they charge processing or handling fees;
* It is not possible to send company information through the United States Postal Service. They only use UPS or hand delivery;
* They cannot provide you with any references.
ALSO LISTEN FOR THESE CLASSIC LINES:
* "Beat the price increase"
* "Last remaining in stock"
* "Offer expiring today"
MANY times you will find one of the following cons applies to your situation. Please do not think that these are the only ones! There are many others. Pay attention and save yourselves the hassle associated with these "monsters"!
The case is only a case of one toner;
The toner is only 5 ounces instead of the usual 16 ounces;
The toner is generic instead of OEM toner
According to the National Office Products Association more than $50 million every year is pirated from innocent consumers.
What to do if you are victimized.
1. If possible do not accept delivery of unordered merchandise; 2. If you have already accepted the shipment, send the shipper a certified letter with return receipt requested, demanding proof of your order. If there is no valid proof, inform the sender that unless the merchandise is picked up within thirty days, you will dispose of it. By giving the sender an opportunity to recover the merchandise, you invalidate any claim that you accepted an offer of sale merely by keeping the shipment; 3. If an invoice for the unordered merchandise arrives, withhold payment and do not use the merchandise. If the firm fails to respond to your letter, contact your Better Business Bureau for assistance.
Arm Yourself Against Pirates:
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau;
- Only do business with reputable dealers;
- Know the contact person at your supply company. Pirates often pretend to be from your regular dealership;
- Never give the make and model of any of your office equipment over the phone unless you are sure the person speaking with you is from a local and legitimate company like us;
- Always get a number to call the person back to confirm the order;
- Never sign for or accept any shipment you did not order;
- Have ONE person in charge of ordering toner and supplies;
- Make sure all employees are clear on your policies;
- Never feel pressured to purchase anything on the spot; and
- Please remember to always use clear judgment on all of your purchases and remember..."Buyer Beware".
National Fraud Information Center Click here for more information.